George Drakopoulos is the Founder & CEO of Tourism Generis, a consulting company that supports decision-makers in tourism, based in Athens, Greece.
- development for tourist destinations and businesses
- lobbying for Tourism
- Public Private Partnerships for tourist promotion
- various positions at hotels in Greece (1981-1993)
- Greek Tourism Confederation-SETE, as Project Manager (1994-1997) and then as Director General (1997-2014)
- Counselor in the European Economic and Social Committee (2010-2015)
- Chairman of the Affiliate Members of the UNWTO (2012-2013)
- Special Adviser to the Secretary General of the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) in PPP (Public Private Partnerships) (2014-2017)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Greek National Tourism Organisation (GNTO) (2021-2022)
Since 2018, he is cooperating with the UNWTO as an Expert Consultant and since 2019 he is SMEs Adviser at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).
In 2015, he has founded Tourism Generis.
He has delivered speeches and presentations in more than 450 national and international conferences in more than 35 countries, while he has produced 55 studies / publications and 720 articles about Tourism.
He holds a MSc in Tourism Studies from the University of Surrey, UK. He has also studied Tourism Management, at the University of West Attica, GR and trained in Hotel Management Operations at the International Centre of Glion, CH.